Live by Faith… words written on the pill case that my daughter carries in her purse. I read this today when I was looking for the emergency pill we give her when she has a seizure. I couldn’t help but smile because this is the mantra of her life, I believe. It suits her.
“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen.” ~ Hebrews 11:1
I read them again as I filled in the missing pill later when most of the chaos had settled down and I could think a little clearer, going through the ‘to-do’ list in my head trying to keep it fresh in my memory. It would be easy to forget what I need to get done today, with the beginning being so hectic. But I am reminded of John 10:10, “ The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly.” In Christ we have abundant life, no matter what our outwards circumstances look like.
“ While we look not at those things which are seen, but unseen, for the things that we see are temporal while the things that we don’t see are eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:18.
“ It doesn’t matter what happens, we are going to praise the Lord!” the thoughts are flying through my head today. There is always something to praise God for. So I start to count them. And the song comes back to me that I taught to my Sunday school class when the oldest was just 3. “ Count your blessings, name them one by one! Count your blessings see what God has done. Count your blessings, name them one by one, count your many blessings SEE. WHAT. GOD. HAS. DONE.!”
So, I am counting today:
1. Green, Life! A green pill box reminding me to walk my walk in faith. If she can do it, so can I.(2 Cor. 5:7)
2. Laughter, I laugh, now, thankful for the little reminders that brings HOPE back into my day. (Romans 15:13)
3. Peace, though I am awakened by a chaotic cry for help, peace surrounds my heart. My God is always near, never leaving me or those I have entrusted to Him for protection and deliverance.(John 14:27)
4. Faith over unbelief. The lack faith is rooted in unbelief and this was the issue with the father and his epileptic son in Mark 9. Unbelief… Such a faithless word. And yet, I ask the Lod to help me in my unbelief just like this father. I am seeking His countenance as I look to His Word and listen to His response as I pray.
5. Strong… my child is resilient and filled with grace. When I feel like weeping, she only smiles and reminds me that Joy is in His presence, and He is ever present in every hour we are needing Him.( Ps 16:11)
6. Courage over fear… the book of John reminds me that Perfect love casts out fear. It actually crushes it and overcomes the entire idea of it. Love COVERS it all.It is because of this LOVE that we have HOPE at all and by LOVE fear loses its hold. Through LOVE we can reach for HOPE and into Hope we find FAITH.(1 John 4:18)
7. Expectant Hope. Hope in faith expects growth of the soul to reach the highest heights reaching into the alcove where the throne of Heaven sits, higher than my thoughts dare to think. Yet, we are directed in His Word to think on all those things that bring Him glory.
- Don’t dwell in fear, think on HOPE.
- Don’t sit in sadness, leap towards JOY.
- Don’t yield to chaos, advance in PEACE.
- When we rest in the fruitfulness of time in His presence, the outcome will be heaven.
8. Growth in trials. I try to encourage the young one who bears the burden for her sister and she smiles with the strength of a woman’s heart and says, “ It is ok. Daddy says I am a guardian angel.” And the children grow wings of faith as they silently hover in hope.( James 1:4)
9. Rendered Mercy. Today we are nurturing MERCY as compassion spills out in the heart of the healing moment where chaos erupts the normal yet God spills forth LOVE. (Matthew 5:7)
Today I want to remind you that no matter what the situation, you are loved abundantly and there is always a place for expectant hope in the midst of your faith journey!
Live by Faith. Trust in Hope. Grow in Grace.
Look for the blessing in the midst of the chaos, it wil be there, hidden for you to find. Look for Hope and you’ll find Faith.
Do you need a prayer warrior to go to bat for you today? Do you realize that your best defense against brokenness is to step out in faith for one another?
How can I pray for Hope and Faith to be found by you today? Enter a prayer request in the comment section or send me an email at email@example.com
Linking up with
Sybil @ Make a Difference Mondays